Sunday 15 April 2012

Don't judge a book by it's cover......

You've met the Collie Clan previously.........but they are equally beautiful and amusing in part.

On my usual Friday visit I unlocked the lobby door and opened it only to find Finn departing out the normally locked dog flap. He was half way in and out much the same as me and I'm really not sure who was more surprised, but after giving me a baleful glare he calmly extricated himself himself from said flap and walked sedately through the outer flap and then into the garden without so much as a backward glance.

My friend Merlin on the other hand....................

Well suffice to say there were muttered grumblings coming from behind the kitchen door which no amount of sweet talking was going to solve.  By the time I'd unlocked it the language was particularly colourful and deciding 'in for a penny, in for a pound' I pushed it open fully expecting to see a frazzled and annoyed collie but in actual fact was met by Merlin wagging his tail fit to burst and wearing a silly grin as if to say 'hah fooled you that time'!  Exuberant barks filled the air as we had our usual play in the kitchen and then we all trooped off to find Finn, who by this time had taken a turn round the garden and was in his favourite position, watching us with a bemused grin on his face.  I could just see him thinking 'these youngsters, wasn't like that in my day'!


No comments:

Post a Comment