Thursday 26 January 2012

My cats

I couldn't go any further with this without introducing you to my own beautiful boys.......

Fudge is 15, ginger and white and a kinder, more gentle cat you could never find.  He was diagnosed with diabetes last June and since then it's been a roller coaster of a ride.  He has to have two insulin injections a day, a learning curve for both of us but he's taken to it in his stride.  In fact the injections are the easy bit, the hardest part is trying to keep his blood sugar levels steady........and it's been no mean feat,  but more of that later.

Jax & Jet are brothers, 7yrs years old and have a definite love/hate relationship.  One minute they can be curled up together on the bed, washing each other and the next, the fur is flying - literally!
Jax is the more adventurous of the two and I can often see him walking purposefully across the fields at the back of the house, his mind intent on lord knows what.  Sometimes I'll call him from the window and he always turns, watches me for a split second as if to say, now what do you want and then he's off -  a determined figure, disappearing into the tree-line.

Jet is the shyer one and loves nothing more than a lap to curl up, front feet firmly kneading whatever surface he happens to have landed on - I'm sure I don't need to tell you how painful it can be - but he's so contented and happy that I never have the heart to move him.  Jet too, has had his share of health issues, he suffered from cystitis a few years ago and went on to have an operation to remove a blockage - serious at the time but happily he hasn't suffered any ill effects.  My pocket is the only casualty as both he and Fudge are on prescription food!

Anyway, that's them in a nutshell, we've had many adventures together and I hope for many more.


No comments:

Post a Comment